About a week or so ago I finished the pants that go with the little eyelet outfit I've been making for the wee one. They look so big next to him now, but he's growing so fast he'll be too big for them before we know it.
I've got the trim on the bottom edge of the cardigan finished, and will be plugging away at that bit by bit when I have a moment. Perhaps my biggest accomplishment in the past few weeks has been phase one of a major organizational project. I've got about 200 patterns (a large percentage of them vintage originals) that have been previously stored in what was an all out embarrassing manner. For some time I've wanted to get them better organized and more safely stored, but until now haven't had the motivation or focus to get around to it. So, I now have two huge binders that function as my pattern "index", with all of the pattern envelopes (or instruction sheets in some cases) organized by decade in acid free sleeves. The patterns themselves are now in uniform envelopes labeled with the company and number and organized in the drawers and bin next to my treadle machine.
The second phase is to alphabetize the envelopes by company and number. I have no clue when I will get around to that, though.
Up next in my knitting docket is this sweater for my husband. I've got a lovely charcoal-heather, recycled wool yarn for it. It's knit in bulky weight yarn, and the pattern is simple, so it should work up pretty quickly. The yarn I have is about this color, but he wants a funnel neck instead of the rolled collar.
|Image courtesy of Skytender|
Have a good week everyone!