Thursday, July 25, 2013

1950s Lacy Jumper Progress

Hello all! I've managed to find a little time during naps to work on my sweater a bit more and finally managed to take a few pictures of the WIP as well, so I wanted to share them with you. I finished the back some time ago, and got the front finished up during sporadic knitting fits while the wee one was sleeping over the last two months. I finally cast on for the first of the sleeves a few nights ago and am about 4 inches into it. Since my yarn supply is limited, I've decided to shorten the sleeves by two inches in an effort to have enough to finish the entire sweater. The yarn I'm using is Jade Sapphire Lacey Lamb, and has been really nice to work with (other than that epic tangle that I spent months trying to deal with). It's extremely soft, and doesn't tangle while I'm working with it (again, that behemoth of a knot was something that happened inside the ball somehow). I'm getting ready to start the sleeve cap shaping on this sleeve, and will then cast on for sleeve number two. I would have preferred knitting them both at once, but since I just have the one ball of yarn to deal with I decided to do them one at a time and just count my rows very carefully to make sure they are uniform. Further project notes can be found on my Ravelry page





In other news, as some of you may notice, I've done a little bit of revamping on the blog. I spent a while yesterday reorganizing and editing and have begun to organize archives of my completed project posts as well. Those can now be found under the tabs at the top. I've also uploaded links for PDF files of the two 1930s pattern drafting and draping textbooks I shared with you all a long time ago. I've been wanting to reformat and update my layout for some time, but as someone who is not at all tech savvy it was a bit daunting and so I kept putting it off. Since I was sitting on the couch with a sleepy baby most of the day yesterday I decided it would be a good time to go ahead and start figuring some things out in order to create a cleaner looking, more pleasing blog layout. It's still a work in progress, but it was fun learning how to do some new things with the HTML and so on. 

Hope everyone is having a good week!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jumper is outstanding. I saw it on We Sew Retro. I'd leave it just as it is. Brilliant! I'd be interested to see the pattern. I'll look around on your blog a little to see if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...