I was just recently nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Sara at The Pretty Pickle. First of all, I have to say I am flattered. I really enjoy sharing projects with all of you, in order to get your opinions on things, share things I've come up with, and I particularly enjoy seeing what you all have created. I have a couple of local sewing friends, but it's nice to be a part of such a wide community of like-minded (and helpful) people.
The rules of this lovely award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger
Award to your post.
Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
So, without further ado, I guess I should share 7 things about myself.
1. I play the viola (or at least I used to). I took lessons for seven years, and I still have my viola, but it's hard to find time to play ever. I'm really shy about playing in front of people so I won't play if anyone else is home. Silly, I know, but what are you going to do.
2. This is just totally weird, but unique I guess. I can pop my left shoulder in and out of socket. It has freaked out even die hard yoga practitioners who can do all kinds of strange things with their bodies.
3. When I was ten years old I spent an entire summer trying to memorize all of Puck's lines from A Midsummer Night's Dream. I saw it at a local University and became a little obsessed. I still know most of his monologue from the scene in the fairy realm, before Oberon and Titania enter.
4. I love to dance. I dance all of the time. Even while I'm teaching. My students tease me about it. I took tap, jazz and ballet as a little kid, took irish dance lessons for a couple of years when I was about 10. I have dabbled in belly dance, swing dancing, burlesque, pole, salsa, ballroom and have been taking flamenco lessons for the last couple of years. Flamenco is a beautiful art form, lots of fun to do, ties in with my love of Spanish culture, and is also just totally cool. One word. Ruffles.
5. I hate bananas. Hate is a very strong word, and in this case it is entirely appropriate. I can't stand anything about them. I can even smell it if someone is eating a banana in the next room.
6. The Land Before Time is one of my favorite movies of all time. It has great sentimental value to me, since my brothers and I used to watch it at our grandmother's house all the time. I cannot watch it without crying through three-quarters of the movie, though (and by crying I mean bawling uncontrollably). Full blown waterworks.
7. My eyes change color. Sometimes blue, sometimes green, sometimes grey. For the past couple of years they have been much greener than they have ever been in the past.
Now to pass this award on to ten other bloggers. I'm going to try and stick to people whose blogs I have found recently and really enjoyed reading back through, but I may have to toss in a couple of my old favorites.
1. Jo at Bridges on the Body - I am very impressed with the projects she has completed working her way through Corsets and Crinolines. There are a few things in there I would really like to make, but haven't had the time.
2. Jane at Handmade Jane - She does a lovely job tailoring to her body, and I particularly love her new polka-dot wiggle dress!
3. The knitting fiend MCONIECZKI at Tres Bien Ensemble (she's also on Ravelry) - Her sewing projects are lovely. Check out her new pjs! However, what really floors me are her knitting projects. She's prolific and very skilled. Everything she makes seems to turn out beautifully.
4. Technicolor Cutie - Her outfits are adorable, but I really admire her commitment to fixing her hair with a new baby on hand.
5. Cynthia at Dapper Duds - Because let's face it, she's precious. I really love that she makes clothes for her husband though. She always does a great job.
6. The sisters of Brentwood Lane - great outfits and wonderful taste in film ;)
7. Jennifer Lauren at Jennifer Lauren Vintage - Her dresses are adorable and I love reading about her other crafty escapades.
8. Nabby at This Old Life - Her clothes and hair make me drool.
9. Milenushka of The Home Blues - Her new version of Gertie's wiggle dress pattern is killer! I love seeing all the photos from her travels as well.
10. Jeanne at Sew Vera Venus - One word: Exquisite.