The next blouse I made from an original 1951 pattern that I've had for a few years.
|image courtesy Vintage Patterns Wiki|
The final project I've got to share with you all today is a pair of 1940s inspired sailor shorts. I used the same 1949 pattern I used for my linen shorts, adapting the front pieces to make the drop-front. I also extended the waistline up an inch and faced it instead of making a waistband. The buttons were some that I found in our stash, and the fabric (a lightweight wool herringbone) was some that mom bought for a project and turned out not to be suitable. The shorts pattern is actually a bathing suit pattern, and I've got enough of the fabric left to potentially make the bikini top that goes with them. I can't decide whether or not I actually want to wear a wool bikini top with these shorts. I think it would be cute, but not necessarily practical.
The shoes are also new. I just bought them a few days ago. I just got rid of about seven or eight pairs and was having kind of a blah day, something that new shoes almost always cures. After wearing my favorite cork wedges all the time when I was in Panamá (and they're definitely looking a bit worse for the wear) I decided I really wanted another pair of wedges anyway, so I can rotate them a little more. The black ones and the green espadrille wedges that I bought in Barcelona four years ago could use a little respite now and then. Not only were these very tall, but they had bows on the toes and shiny red bits, all of which are things I find hard to resist.