Anyway, the first project I've managed to get finished is a wool swing coat from a heavy blue and green plaid that mom gave me a couple of years ago.
Obviously it's the plaid on the right. Incidentally I've also recently made a pencil skirt from the purplish wool in the front, but that's something I haven't managed to photograph yet. The jacket pattern I used was Simplicity 4027.
It turned out really well and it's very differently stylistically from any of my other jackets, which is nice.
The next project I'm working on is a dress from some of the lighter weight wool that was in the stash my mom and I received from an acquaintance who's mother passed away. This one is a bit newer. The note said she bought it in 1994 I think, but it is 100% wool and the colors are perfect for a fall dress. No pictures of it yet, unfortunately, but soon I promise. The pattern I'm using is a vintage original from the early sixties that I found at an antique shop for a dollar or two.
|Image from Vintage Patterns Wiki|
I cut the back neckline into a slightly lower V-back instead of the full boatneck. I also wanted longer sleeves, since it is for winter, so I'm using the jacket sleeves instead of the shorter dress sleeves. I just used the sleeve cap for the short sleeve and extended the sides along the seam lines of the longer sleeve piece. I have to dig through my buckle stash to see if I can find one that works with the fabric I'm using, but I should have something. I have just enough of a few other pieces to make myself a few more pencil skirts for wearing to work, and would like to get those done in the next couple of weeks, but we will see how that goes. I have a bit more free time now, but not that much.